Skip to content
Samsung: Try the below if your Samsung phone does not turn on
Try performing the following steps if your Samsung phone does not turn on or power up:
- Check the power button
- Verify that your phone has a sufficient charge
Verify that your phone's charging port is not damaged
- Connect your original charger to your phone
- After a few minutes, try to turn on your phone.
Verify that you are using a compatible charger
- Carefully inspect your phone to be sure that it is not overheating, swollen or damaged
- Carefully inspect your phone's charging port and remove any dirt or debris
Caution: If your phone is damaged, do not complete the remaining steps
Attempt a forced restart of the phone
- You risk severe damage to your phone if the charger is not the same voltage, amperes, and plug type as your original charger
Attempt a hardware factory reset
Note: If performed correctly, a forced restart will not erase any information from the phone
- Press and hold the Power key for 30 seconds. If f the phone starts to power on, release the Power key
- If your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime does turn on, verify that it is running the most recent software.
Note: A hardware factory reset will erase ALL information on the phone! Any information that is not backed up online or to the SD card will be PERMANENTLY LOST
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.