Whether you need a basic high-performance network to connect employee computers or a solution to deliver data, voice, and video services, the CBS350-16T-2G offers a solution to meet your needs. Possible deployment scenarios include:
- Secure office connectivity: The Cisco CBS350-16T-2G Switch can simply and securely connect employees working in small offices with each other and with all of the servers, printers, and other networking devices they use. High performance and reliable connectivity help speed up file transfers and data processing, improve network uptime, and keep your employees connected and productive.
- Unified communications: As a managed network solution, the CBS350-16T-2G provides the performance and advanced traffic-handling intelligence you need to deliver all communications and data over a single network. Cisco offers a complete portfolio of IP telephony and other unified communications products (sold separately) designed for businesses. The Cisco CBS350-16T-2G Switch has been rigorously tested to help ensure easy integration and full compatibility with these and other products, providing a complete business solution.
- Highly secure guest connectivity: The Cisco CBS350-16T-2G Switch lets you extend highly secure network connectivity to guests in a variety of settings, such as a hotel, an office waiting room, or any other area open to non-employee users. Using powerful but easy-to-configure security and traffic segmentation capabilities, you can isolate your vital business traffic from guest services and keep guests’ network sessions private from each other.
Ease of Management and Deployment
The Cisco CBS350-16T-2G is designed to be easy to use and manage by commercial customers or the partners that serve them, including the following features:
- Cisco Business Dashboard is designed to manage Cisco Business switches, routers, and wireless access points. Cisco Business Dashboard simplifies traditional challenges in deploying and managing business networks while automating the deployment, monitoring, and lifecycle management of the network. The Cisco CBS350-16T-2G switch supports embedded probe for Cisco Business Dashboard, eliminating the need to set up a separate hardware or virtual machine on site.
- The Cisco Network Plug and Play solution provides a simple, secure, unified, and integrated offering to ease new device rollouts or for provisioning updates to an existing network. The solution provides a unified approach to provision Cisco routers, switches, and wireless devices with a near-zero-touch deployment experience.
- The intuitive user interfaces reduce the time required to deploy, troubleshoot, and manage the network and allow you to support sophisticated capabilities without increasing IT head count.
- The switch also supports Text view, a full Command-Line Interface (CLI) option for partners that prefer it.
- Support for Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) allows you to set up and manage your switches and other Cisco devices remotely from a network management station, improving IT workflow and mass configurations.
High Reliability and Resiliency
In a growing business where availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week is critical, you need to ensure business continuity and that employees can always access the data and resources they need. The Cisco CBS350-16T-2G switch supports dual images, allowing you to perform software upgrades without having to take the network offline or worry about the network going down during the upgrade.
The Cisco CBS350-16T-2G Switch provides the advanced security features you need to protect your business data and keep unauthorised users off the network:
- Support for advanced network security applications such as IEEE 802.1X and port security tightly limits access to specific segments of your network. Web-based authentication provides a consistent interface to authenticate all types of host devices and operating systems, without the complexity of deploying IEEE 802.1X clients on each endpoint.
- Advanced defense mechanisms, including dynamic Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) inspection, IP Source Guard, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) snooping, detect and block deliberate network attacks. Combinations of these protocols are also referred to as IP-MAC port binding (IPMB).
- IPv6 First Hop Security extends the advanced threat protection to IPv6. This comprehensive security suite includes ND inspection, RA guard, DHCPv6 guard, and neighbour binding integrity check, providing unparalleled protection against a vast range of address spoofing and man-in-the-middle attacks on IPv6 networks.
As the IP address scheme evolves to accommodate a growing number of network devices, the Cisco CBS350-16T-2G can support the transition to the next generation of networking. This switch continues to support previous-generation IPv4, allowing you to evolve to the new IPv6 standard at your own pace and helping ensure that your current network will continue to support your business applications in the future. The CBS350-16T-2G has successfully completed rigorous IPv6 testing and has received the USGv6 and IPv6 Gold certification.
Advanced Layer 3 Traffic Management
The CBS350-16T-2G enables a more advanced set of traffic management capabilities to help growing businesses organise their networks more effectively and efficiently. For example, the switch provides dynamic Layer 3 routing, allowing you to segment your network into workgroups and communicate across VLANs without degrading application performance.
With these capabilities, you can boost the efficiency of your network by offloading internal traffic-handling tasks from your router and allowing it to manage primarily external traffic and security.
The sleek and compact design for the CBS350-16T-2G provides additional deployment flexibility, including outside wiring closet installation such as retail stores, open plan offices, and classrooms without disturbing the environment.
The Cisco CBS350-16T-2G integrates a variety of power-saving features. This switch is designed to conserve energy by optimising power use, which helps protect the environment and reduce your energy costs. It provides an eco-friendly network solution without compromising performance. The Cisco CBS350-16T-2G Switch features:
- Support for the Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard, which reduces energy consumption by monitoring the amount of traffic on an active link and putting the link into a sleep state during quiet periods.
- Automatic power shutoff on ports when a link is down.
- Embedded intelligence to adjust signal strength based on the length of the connecting cable.
Standard Warranty: Limited Lifetime